Photographers: Giovanny and Samantha
Our 2nd week of school. We started the day by doing Just Dance for P.E., showed our kinder buddies how to code, and did some group activities. Today, Friday, September 04, 2015, we learned our new lessons on math, social studies, science, and reading. We read a story named ‘ The Hatchet '. Our math lesson was just a remembering part about perimeter and area, only now we used toothpicks to measure the perimeter. For social studies, we made a geographic chart that we had to choose 5 cities in 7 contenents. Rule was to NOT choose the same city in the same contenent. On science we are learning a new subject about biomeo(ex. Artic biomeo, Forest biomeo, ocean biomeo, etc.). Also this week we also shared what video game or normal games we like. Here ar some activities coming up in September;
1) Monday, September 8: Holiday (no school)
2) Wednesday, September 9: School Site council meeting
3) Tuesday, Septemper 15: Mexican Indipendence Day Celebration
4) Wednesday, September 16: Back-to-School Night
Students Dismissal at 1:45
Back to School Night at 5:30 in the Cafeteria with the Principal
5) Thursday, September 24: English Learner Advisory Council at 3:00
6) Friday, September 25: Student of the Month Assembly at 8:30 a.m.
7) Monday, September 28: CELDT Parent Meeting at 9:00 & 2:00
8) Wednesday, September 30: Coffe whith the Principal at 6:00
Thank you to the students and parents who donated school supplies for our classroom
Miss V is a sixth grade teacher at Rockwood Elementary in Calexico, Ca. Also, student authors contribute to this blog.